Documents Required for Turkish citizenship | Get Turkish Citizenship As Fast As Possible!
Having an idea about the documents required to apply for Turkish citizenship has become a necessity to be familiar with, especially by foreign businessmen who wish to obtain Turkish citizenship by real estate investment and get a second strong passport.
To ensure that you are equipped with all the necessary papers to apply for Turkish citizenship, Greater Turkey team is working to inform you of all the documents and procedures required to achieve this, taking advantage of the facilities that have occurred in the conditions of citizenship in Turkey by investment, and striving with all their energy to fulfil your wishes and gain your trust.
Turkish citizenship file papers
After the Turkish citizenship law decision amendment issued in 2018 and which was related to changing the value of the property that qualifies to apply for Turkish citizenship from one million dollars to more than 400,000 US dollars, it has become easy for the investor to apply for Turkish citizenship for him and his family members.
Noting that the complete processing of papers by expert speeds up the procedures for evaluating the citizenship application, and thus increases the speed of issuing the naturalization decision within 3 months or less.
Therefore, we always advise consulting a lawyer experienced in investment and Turkish citizenship transactions or refer to a real estate company distinguished by its expertise and valuable experiences in this matter.
In order to clarify all the conditions and documents required for Turkish citizenship to you, we will summarize in these lines all the documents necessary to apply for Turkish citizenship for you and your family.
Documents required for Turkish citizenship by buying a property in Turkey
- A copy of the property title deed (Tapu).
- Translation and attestation of the title deed document from the notary in Turkey, or a copy of the property title deed translated and certified by the notary.
- The real estate appraisal report issued by an appraisal institution approved by the Turkish government, provided that its period does not exceed 3 months from the date of submitting the application, bearing in mind that the value of the real estate appraisal must correspond to the amount mentioned in the title deed.
- Payment receipts from the buyer’s bank account, after stamping them with a seal from the sending bank, provided that the total value of the receipts is greater than 400,000 US dollars.
- The original receivables receipts from the seller’s account, stamped with a seal from the receiving bank, to prove the payment of the property value and transfer it from the buyer’s account to the seller’s account.
- Power of attorney from the investor to the legal team accredited to submit the file of Turkish citizenship, and follow up the procedures in government departments, where the agency is usually prepared and organized with the notary in Turkey in two copies.
Additional Documents Required in Turkish Citizenship Amendment Law 2022
Add to this the documents stipulated in the Turkish Citizenship Amendments Law of 2022, which are:
- A receipt of transferring the investment amount in the local currency from the investor’s account to the seller’s account.
- Submitting a document from the Turkish intermediary bank, evidencing the transfer of the amount to the Central Bank of Turkey, after exchanging the currency from the dollar to the Turkish lira.
Documents required to add the wife/husband for the citizenship file
- A similar agency for both spouses and may be organized into one joint agency for them.
- A copy of the passport for each family member, husband, wife, and children under the age of 18, to be translated by a certified translator, and certified by a Turkish notary.
- The husband may submit an application for citizenship for him and his children only (such as in cases of divorce). A written consent of the mother must be attached, including her permission to naturalize her children under the age of 18.
- A birth certificate translated into Turkish and certified by a notary, or showing any document proving birth information, such as the civil registration for all family members, provided that the name of the father and the name of the mother is clearly written on everyone’s document.
- A family book or a family statement document, translated and certified by a notary.
- A civil status document such as a marriage contract or any other document proving the applicant’s civil status, whether he is single or married, provided that it is translated into the Turkish language and certified at a Turkish consulate abroad.
- Application form for obtaining exceptional Turkish citizenship “real estate”.
- Obtaining the tax number from the Turkish Tax Department for each family member.
- Paying the Turkish Citizenship application tax (the form).
- Recent personal photos for all family members.
Attesting documents before submitting the citizenship file
- All papers issued outside Turkey must be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country from which the document was issued, and by the Turkish representation in that country as well, such as the Turkish embassy or the Turkish consulate.
- Documents are attested by the representation of the country in Turkey if it is not possible to attest them from the Turkish representation in that country.
- Foreign papers and documents are translated by the Turkish sworn translator, then certified by the notary and then by the governor.
Investor residency papers in Turkey before granting citizenship
The investor applying for Turkish citizenship by investment will obtain an investor residence permit in Turkey immediately, after submitting the following documents to the competent employee:
o Residence permit application form.
or Health insurance.
o Recent biometric photos.
o original passport + a copy of it, submitted by the residence owner in person.
o Certificate of conformity of the property with the conditions of Turkish citizenship issued by the Land registry Directorate.
Then, the residence permit will be issued to the applicant, which he or she can use and conduct transactions with while issuing the decision to approve the citizenship and obtaining the Turkish identity and passport.
Fees of the lawyers’ teams vary, depending on each case in terms of the number of documents required, the number of individuals in the file, and so on.
These were all the documents required for Turkish citizenship, with a full explanation of all the conditions and laws related to the subject, where we at Greater turkey are pleased to help you fulfill your desire to obtain Turkish citizenship with confidence and credibility, starting from selecting the ideal property for the conditions of citizenship, and ending with your obtaining Turkish citizenship.
Edited by: Greater Turkey©