Real estate Residence Permit in Turkey | Features and How to Obtain it
Besides tourism, Turkey is very well known for Real Estate investments among foreigners. It is also familiar that Real Estate Residence Permit is one of the easiest permits that a foreigner can have. The Residence permit allows its holder an entry to the country whenever they want without any visas and it gives you the chance to apply for citizenship after 8 years of staying in the state.
Turkish government has set a minimum investment budget to buy a property that worth a minimum of $75,000 by value in order for investors to be qualified for a real estate Permanent Residency in Istanbul. For other cities like Ankara, Izmir, Bursa, Antalya, Gaziantep, Adana and Mersin the minimum value for the property should be $ 50.000 to obtain the real estate Residence Permit
Below are the steps that will help you get a Residence Permit with a property worth a minimum of $75,000:
- Get the title deed (Tapu) after the purchase
- Obtain the property evaluation report.
- Schedule a time to submit an application for a Real Estate Residence Permit,
- Compiling required paperwork to obtain Real Estate Residence Permit in Turkey,
- Attend the interview at the Migration Directorate in person,
- Deliver the necessary paperwork and documentation to the accountable employee,
- Wait for the approval of the Real Estate Residence Permit by the Immigration Department,
Once the application for the Residence Permit is approved, the Residency card will be delivered to the recorded address written on the submitted workpaper.
For the documents that are required to apply for a real estate Residence Permit, you will need:
- Application form for obtaining Real Estate Residence Permit,
- A valid passport that its period is no less than 6 months,
- A copy of the stamp for the last entry into Turkey,
- Seismic insurance for the property (DASK),
- Medical insurance,
- The family book translated into Turkish, and certified by the notary public in Turkey (If you are applying for your family members as well),
- The title deed document filed under the property owner’s name,
- The real estate evaluation report, and it must be equal to the mentioned minimum standards to ensure an approval for the real estate residency,
- 4 personal photos.