Types of Real estate Residence Permits in Turkey
Real estate residence permit in Turkey is one of the easiest and most secure types of residence permits in Turkey. It is not surprising that owners and investors are eager to acquire it. Turkey is one of the most beautiful and safest countries, with a rapidly growing economy and great opportunities.
Why real estate residence permit in Turkey?
Turkey is one of the best real estate markets, and it is a special place for real estate investors to get the best deals in terms of quality and prices.
Turkish law allows the issuance of several types of residence permits in Turkey, but the easiest of them today is the real estate residence permit, or what is known as the ownership residence permit in Turkey.
It is sufficient to buy one property, whatever its price, so that the new owner obtains the eligibility to issue a real estate residence permit in Turkey for him, and for his family members.
Below is a quick overview of all types of residence permits in Turkey.
Types of residence permits in Turkey
First – Tourist residence permit
A short-term stay for those wishing to visit Turkey with the aim of tourism and spend an enjoyable time in recreation, seasonal tourism, or medical tourism.
Recently, for approval of its issuance, the existence of an official lease contract is required, which the property owner attests with the notary public in Turkey (Notal). In addition to submitting a tourism plan, and a bank statement confirming the availability of a sufficient amount for residence and tourism in Turkey.
Second – Work permit
A residency granted to holders of a work contract in Turkey, and the holder is entitled to good privileges in health insurance, maintenance of worker’s rights, and social security. It is granted for one year, subject to renewal.
Third – family residence permit
A residence permit granted to the family of foreigners who have a work permit or a real estate residence permit, and it is granted to the husband or wife and for children under 18 years of age. It is also granted to a foreigner if he has been married to a Turkish citizen for 3 years.
Fourth – student residence permit
Student residence permit is granted to those who have been accepted into a Turkish university, and it extends during the period of study at the Turkish university. It entitles its holder to obtain discounts in transportation, treatment, and other services.
Fifth – Humanitarian residence permit
Humanitarian residence for residents of Turkey is granted to persons whose deportation from Turkey is considered a danger to them or a threat to their lives, or to victims of human trafficking. This residency is granted for a certain period determined by the Directorate of Immigration in Turkey, and it is usually for a period of one year that can be extended as long as the conditions that require its existence remain.
Sixth – Real Estate Residence Permit in Turkey
Real estate residence is a short-term residence granted by the Turkish government to foreigners over 18 years of age who own immovable property (residential property) for the purpose of residence.
Its term is one year, subject to renewal, as long as the property is in the possession of the owner. Real estate residency is granted as a document that gives its owner the right to reside in Turkey and enjoy the advantages of education, health and other services, and the owner’s family obtains a companion residency as well.
Real estate residence permit law in Turkey
The law of real estate residence permit in Turkey falls within the articles of the Law of Foreigners and International Protection, under the article of short-term residency, which is granted to many categories, including those wishing to own real estate for the purpose of residency.
Duration of real estate residence permit in Turkey
Residence is granted by owning a property in Turkey by the Turkish Immigration Directorate for a period of one or two years usually.
Advantages of real estate residence permit in Turkey
- Real estate residence grants its holder the right to stay on Turkish lands legally.
- Granting the right of residency to the family of the real estate residency holder, including the wife and children.
- Ease of renewing residence permits in Turkey for the property owner and his family.
- Living in Turkish cities and freedom of movement between them without the need for a travel permit.
- Benefit from the services and advantages of living in Turkey, including health, treatment in Turkish hospitals, and education in Turkish schools and universities.
- The possibility of applying for permanent residence permit in Turkey (long-term residence) after the period of 8 years of real estate residence in Turkey.
- Applying for Turkish citizenship if the price of real estate registered in the name of the owner exceeds 400.000 US dollars.
- The family of the real estate residence permit holder can obtain a family residence permit in Turkey.
How to obtain real estate residence permit in Turkey
To obtain a real estate residence permit in Turkey in a correct and orderly manner, we advise you at Greater Turkey to follow the following steps:
Choosing the right and appropriate property, ensuring its eligibility, its license, and the absence of taxes or debts on it. A trusted and reputable real estate advisor can help you with this task.
Purchasing the selected property, obtaining a title deed document (Tapu) in the name of the new owner, and completing the procedures for transferring ownership at the Title Deed Directorate.
Booking an appointment to obtain real estate residence permit on the website of the Turkish Immigration Department, and the appointment must be within the city of the property and prepare the required papers and documents along with the title deed.
Attending the interview at the Immigration Department in person according to the specified date, and submit the personal identification and required documents, including the title deed document for the residential property.
Waiting for the real estate residence permit approval to arrive and receive it through the Turkish Post (PTT) at the specified address.
Conditions for obtaining real estate residence permit in Turkey
As mentioned above, real estate residence permit in Turkey is one of the easiest types of Turkish residency, as it is sufficient to own a property and register it with the Tapu Directorate in the name of the new owner, then the issuance of the new title deed in his name, so that the owner can apply for a real estate residence permit in Istanbul or in other cities where he or she owns a residential property.
Documents required for real estate residence permit in Turkey
- Issuance of a tax number from a branch of the Turkish Tax Department.
- Real estate residency appointment booking papers.
- Paying the short-term residence permit appointment tax, the value of which varies according to the applicant’s nationality.
- Passport valid for a period of no less than 6 months.
- A copy of the entry visa to Turkey, the entry stamp during the visa period, and the date applied for must have been booked during the period of the Turkey visa and not after it.
- The property’s title deed in the name of the new owner applying for a residence permit in Turkey.
- Earthquake insurance for the aforementioned property, known in Turkish as DASK.
- Turkish health insurance for all family members applying for a Turkish residence permit, and it is issued by one of the approved Turkish insurance companies.
- A copy of the family book translated into Turkish and certified by the Notary Public in Turkey – Noter.
- A family statement for the children in Turkish, certified by the Turkish embassy in the mother country.
- 4 biometric personal photos.
- It is preferable that the residence permit applicant submit a bank statement or provide proof of a monthly income of at least $500.
Residing in Turkey by buying a property is a unique opportunity and a better and safer option than a tourist residence permit. In addition, the real estate investment market in Turkey is one of the most growing markets. By purchasing an apartment, villa, or house in Turkey, you guarantee several benefits in one deal:
– Real estate
– Short term stay
– Long-term residency after 8 years
– Residence permit for the accompanying family members
– Ease of renewing the residence permit in Turkey for you and your family members
– The opportunity to apply for Turkish citizenship if the value of your real estate property is more than 400.000 US dollars.
If you would like to know more about the cost of real estate residence permit in Turkey and all its expenses and conditions, do not hesitate to contact us, and our consulting team will be happy to provide you with the best advice from the moment you search for a suitable property for sale in Turkey, to answering all your inquiries about how to obtain real estate residency in Turkey. Contact us now!
Edited by: Greater Turkey©